Margrit Kennedy (born November 21, 1939 in Chemnitz) is a German architect, professor, environmentalist, author and an advocate of complementary currencies and an interest and inflation-free economy.
Kennedy is an architect with a Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a Ph.D. in Public and International Affairs from the University of Pittsburgh, and has worked as an urban planner in Germany, Nigeria, Scotland and the United States. In 1991, she was appointed Professor of Ecological Building Technologies at the Department of Architecture, University of Hanover.
She has stated that her work on ecological architecture in 1982 led her to the discovery, that it is « virtually impossible to carry out sound ecological concepts on the scale required today, without fundamentally altering the present money system or creating new complementary currencies ».
Her most famous book, Interest and Inflation-Free Money, Creating an Exchange Medium that works for Everybody and Protects the Earth was originally published in 1987 and has been revised several times and translated into 22 languages.
* The inner city (Architects’ year book) 1974
* Building Community Schools: An Analysis of Experiences (Educational Building and Equipment Series, Volume 2) 1979
* Libérer l’argent de l’inflation et des taux d’intérêts, éditions Vivez Soleil, 1993, ISBN 2-88058-161-3
* Interest and Inflation Free Money: Creating an Exchange Medium That Works for Everybody and Protects the Earth, first published in 1987 and updated repeatedly afterward, last time in 2006 (in German anyway). The English 1995 version is available online.
* Designing Ecological Settlements: Ecological Planning and Building: Experiences in New Housing and in the Renewal of Existing Housing Quarters in Euro (Reflektierte Praxis) 1997
* Handbuch ökologischer Siedlungs(um)bau. Neubau- und Stadterneuerungsproj… in Europa 1998
* Regionalwährungen. Neue Wege zu nachhaltigem Wohlstand (with Bernard A. Lietaer), Riemann, München 2006, ISBN 978-3-570-50052-1
Article of wikipedia
Margrit Kennedy, Editions Yves Michel, Gap, France, November 2012
Margrit Kennedy, New Society Publishers, United States, Oktober 2012
Bernard Lietaer, Margrit Kennedy, La Hidra de Lerna Ediciones, Coleccion Finanzas Eticas, España, 2008
Bernard Lietaer, Margrit Kennedy, Editions Charles Léopold Mayer (ECLM), Paris, France, 2008
3 Analyses/working papers/articles
Three common Misconceptions Three threatening Results Three possible Solutions
Margrit Kennedy, 2005
Copyright © 1996 Éditions Vivez Soleil SA
Margrit Kennedy, 1996
Seva International; 1995 by Margrit Kennedy
Margrit Kennedy, 1995