Cadernos de Proposições para o Século XXI.GOVERNANÇA MUNDIAL Por uma governança mundial eficaz, legítima e democrática
Trabalho de reflexão e proposições sobre a governança em diferentes instâncias, desde a gestão dos territórios,das cidades, ou do Estado até o nível mundial, trabalho que se traduziu na identificação de princípios de governança comuns a todos esses níveis
Pierre Calame, octubre 2001
Para bajar : PDF (2 MiB)
En otros idiomas: English
The rudiments of global governance have been instituted in the course of the past 50 years. At the same time, however, interdependences among the world’s societies and between humankind and the biosphere began to develop at a much faster pace.
Present global governance, which has remained founded on relations among sovereign states, is not equipped to take up the challenges of today’s world and in addition, suffers from lack of legitimacy. A new architecture is necessary. It should be founded on principles applicable to every level of governance and on the thinking and innovations that have appeared over the years and in the greatest variety of domains.
These include six dimensions:
- the development of ethical and constitutional foundations for legitimate governance;
- the establishment of a global community;
- the definition of common foundations for the management of the different categories of goods;
- the regulation of trade and sharing, and of the pace of evolution;
- the organization of relations among the different levels of governance and among actors;
- the renewal of discussion, decision-making, auditing, and management methods.
Thirty-six proposals here give concrete expression to these different dimensions.